The Super Bowl is coming! Go Pats! Who’s on Your Team?
I’m from New England so I’m extremely familiar with successful sports teams! My guess is you have a favorite team of your own whether it’s a professional, college, high school or best of all your kid’s team.
Over the years, I’ve noticed many things about successful teams and what they do to help them seize the big W! They’ve created habits to consistently:
- Fine tune their body with food and movement
- Commit to doing what it takes – getting up at 4 am for practice in the dead of winter!
- Practice for hours to prepare for game day
- Huddle on the sidelines with their coach to create a plan
- Never go into a game without all of the positions filled with a player
- Depend on their teammates
- Continually change their strategy to meet the challenge in front of them
- Learn from every game they play including the losses
- Celebrate and agonize together
I don’t know about you but I have a BIG game to play every day! I am a spouse, mum, sister, friend and now a successful business owner!
Today, I’m going to share a little bit about how to I created an amazing team to support and grow my business as a way to inspire you to begin creating yours. Yes, I needed a team! When I finally realized I couldn’t do it all by myself is when my desire started to become real!
Let’ do a roll call of who’s on my current team?
First and foremost, I must bring my best self to the game every day along with my internal burning desire and commitment to consistently do what it takes! Who else is on my team?
- Husband & kids
- Family & friends
- Mastermind group
- Branding & website designer
- Graphic designer & printer
- Mani & pedi tech
- Networking group
- Insurance agent
- Financial advisor
- Massage therapist
- Primary care provider
- Running shoes
- Happy hour
Okay, you get the picture…it takes an entire village to create a team to sustain a successful biz! The good news is villages are not built overnight! It happens one building at a time and there’s no perfect sequence or secret sauce.
I started with a burning desire, my husband, kids, dog, coach and running shoes! When my desire to open my coaching practice had reached the point where I was going to incinerate if I didn’t find a way to act upon it, I tried to make it happen on my own which led to continuous disappointment and frustration.
Literally, I woke up one day and decided no more, I committed to my desire, and invested in my vision and myself by hiring a coach! That was a huge turning point for me. I was finally able to put some teeth into my idea! I began to see and FEEL that it was possible.
Working with my coach, I was able to begin caring for myself on a regular basis. I learned to run! Running gave me fuel to think beyond my doubts. My coach helped me see myself in a new way. She helped me learn to walk through the fear by developing a consistent belief and faith in ME. For those of you who know me, I’m sure that seems odd to you because I have always presented confident and self- assured yet when starting a business all the “what if’s” and self-doubt came rushing to the surface.
Over the years, I’ve adopted and developed consistency in the habits it takes for the win on game day! One of my favorites is learning from the loss, making a change, running the play again and creating the win! Fine tuning my skills every day no matter where I am or what I’m doing…showing up and being present.
So I’m curious, how are you feeling today? Do you feel like you are about to incinerate or have you reached the point where you are thoroughly exhausted and “what ifing” and doubting yourself to death? If you are ready to play full out in your game to make your dream a reality, it may be helpful to start with these 3 steps:
- Pay attention to the burning desire that keeps smoldering inside of you. Write it down. Begin to clarify it by using your senses. What does it look like? What are you feeling when you have your desire? What are the smells around you? What does it sound like? What do you taste?
- Share your desire with someone who is always in your court. No naysayers!
- Decide on one small action that will move you closer to having your desire and take that step today.
If you are stuck and not sure what the next play in your game is, I can help you! Click here to set up a 15-minute sideline huddle with me to help you figure out what the next play is in your game that will get you closer to your burning desire.