Create space in your life for YOU
Today’s life is hectic; work demands, family commitments, friends, community, pets and all of our to dos. The list may seem never ending at times and it can deplete our energy until we feel overwhelmed and exhausted.
Developing and strengthening our skills to weather the daily challenges we face is more important than ever. One of the best habits I’ve found to build our resilience and increase our energy stores has been to create a pregame ritual before entering into the day to play full out.
Let’s take a quick peek at what the ritual looks like. I encourage you to start by dedicating 15-20 minutes each morning to set the tone for your day. I happen to do this at home before anyone else is up, however, I have clients who wait until they get to the office before they engage in the ritual and it has worked for them.
What time would work best for you? Pick a spot that feels comfortable where you will not be interrupted. This may mean you get up early or arrive at the office early to be able to have alone time. It will be worth it!
Let’s take a run through the ritual to see what it looks like:
Okay, you’re in a quiet spot with a delicious hot cup of coffee and ready to begin:
- Breathe into the silence and calm of the morning, clear your mind and let go of any worry you may have.
- Choose a book that inspires you to stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone and read a few pages. Let the words speak to you and soak them in by imagining what is possible for you in your life.
- Choose a journal that is comfortable to write in and craft a clear intention for your day.
- Set your priorities, goals and plan for the day. This is a great way to set you up for success every day.
- Close by connecting your thoughts and feelings with five things you are grateful for. Gratitude is a powerful force and it can help us increase our happiness and improve our overall well-being.
This simple pregame ritual has proven to be highly beneficial for my clients and myself. Having dedicated alone time has provided them the ability to live their lives with more intention and be deliberate in their decisions and actions for the day. They are happier with the results they achieve and the overall experience of their daily lives.
Are you ready to start your pregame ritual? Let me know what you learn and how it changes your experience. If you would like to talk more about creating change in your life, click here to set up a complimentary discovery session with me today.